Tuesday, June 10, 2008

fucking hell.

may 31:
phantom
planet, you said
it best: "california,
here i come," but you left out bur-
ritos.

may 30:
had i
understood shabbat
better, i would've booked
a different flight instead of a
day's wait.

may 29:
frozen
yogurt, mixed with
frozen dragonfruit, and
frozen halva, is changing my
whole life.

may 28:
there are
guns, huge fucking
guns, everywhere here, but
the trick is that no one seems to
notice.

may 27:
at least
people think i'm
spanish, but even my
killer tan won't make them shut the
fuck up.

may 26:
thank you
for spilling juice
all over my dress, sir.
vegetable lasagna, you can't
be stopped!

may 25:
dog rides
motorcycle.
my heart rejoices and
i sing the praises of this great
nation.

may 24: (on beneficial translation problems)
turkish
women always
are ambiguously
pregnant. luckily, i can't give
congrats.

may 23:
watching
ET with our
turkish hosts, subtitled,
is about the same as english,
really.


may 22:
flip flops
were not my best
decision on this trip
but neither was 50$
of tea.

may 21:
please god,
let my laundry
be finished before the
last overnight bus consumes me
for good.

may 20:
first i
climbed a mountain,
then i fell down it,
and later found myself sculpting
clay pots.

may 19:
yo d.
how did you know
how dry my knees always
are in bathtubs? a god amongst
women.


may 18:
twelve hour
overnight bus
with a screaming baby
just to sleep inside a cave on
the moon.


may 17:
if i
never get off
(that's what she said) this boat
i will go down fighting (that's what
she said)

may 16:
in the
BFG, giants
never eat greeks because
they taste greasy. well, they also fuck
ing suck.


may 15:
oh, france.
you are so quaint,
but i've yet to take a
photo of ANYthing, lest it's
a dog.

may 14:
cafe
culture has so
enamored me. people
watching is a refined sport?
genius.

may 13:
eiffel
tower leg will
haunt me for the next three
days as i reconcile language
boundaries

may 12:
it's so
first world to eat
my way across europe
but i want to hug a camel
also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I seriously hate you so much for how much better these are than all of mine. If you don't make a book out of these, I'll make a book out of these FOR YOU.